Benefits of Membership in Our Association
Since Japan Used Motor Vehicle Exporters Association was established in September 1995, JUMVEA has given its wholehearted effort to improve its standing in the used motor vehicle export industry and to establish order in the export business. With a current membership of 250 some companies, we are continuously recruiting new members for further expansion of our organization and business.
- Export Workshop for Overseas Each year we dispatch a team to the countries where we expect to export or to the countries where we can provide some assistance for the importation. In 2003 we requested the local Government of Bangladesh to extend the regulation on the import of used motor vehicles. In 2003 we requested the local Government of Bangladesh to extend restriction on the import of used motor vehicles. In 2005 we presented used motor vehicles to the local auctions in Southampton and Liverpool, and observed the situation of sales at these auctions. In January 2005 we conducted an auction in England which was operated by our own members. All of our members may present the used motor vehicles for sale at these auctions.
- We pressure the Japanese Government to return vehicle tonnage tax. This is a great benefit to our members. We believe it is unfair policy, from the viewpoint of equality under the law, that only dismantlers can receive such refunds while the exporters cannot. We ask your active support and cooperation in our Association.
- We offer our members consultation advice regarding the creation of Websites and training sessions for utilizing the Internet.
- Odometer Certificates issued by our Association These certificates are particularly needed for New Zealand and the UK. They certify the accuracy of the mileage of the vehicles and that the vehicles have not been stolen.
These certificates are particularly needed for New Zealand and the UK. They certify the accuracy of the mileage of the vehicles and that the vehicles have not been stolen.
- Vessel Reservation - assistance for difficult-to-arrange vessel booking
Unless you can make the vessel space reservations you cannot export your vehicles. Our Association provides assistance to solve such problems.
- Referrals to attorneys who is very familiar with the troubles which might occur in buying and selling vehicles overseas Since our Association pays the monthly retainer fees, members need to pay only minimum charge of consultation for their particular case.
- Referrals to collection agencies We refer members to collection agencies to help them to collect that buyers have not paid against the purchase.
- Participating in joint-projects between the public and private sectors to present car theft overseas, we endeavor to prevent theft on a daily basis.
- Sanctioned by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, our Association holds orientation sessions on used motor vehicle recycling in collaboration with Government agencies. And since we are the only organization in Japan involved in the export of used motor vehicles, which has been sanctioned by METI, our members enjoy great trust overseas, giving them a significant advantage over non-members.
- Our Association informs members of the number of vehicles exported overseas each month. According to statistics, more than 1,300,000 units of used motor vehicles were exported overseas in 2007. We inform our members how many vehicles have been sold to which countries. And since this information is extremely useful, our members are very happy to have it.
We certainly hope that you will join our Association and let us assist you in future expansion of your business.